Regional Qualifying Rounds will be held prior to the Missouri Region Spring Convention via YouTube submission. Winners of Regional Qualifying Rounds will move forward to the International competition at PTK Catalyst 2019.
Regional Level Competition
- Participants will record and upload their speech to YouTube.
- The YouTube link must be sent to the Regional Coordinators at email@example.com by Friday, March 1, at 5:00 pm.
- Speeches will be judged by the Missouri Alumni Association.
- Winners will be announced during the awards banquet on Saturday, March 9th.
- The first place winner qualifies for the international competition and will receive a complimentary registration to the 2019 Catalyst Convention in Orlando.
- Cost of lodging and travel is the responsibility of the student or home chapter.
- Type: Prepared, persuasive speech
- Topic: “How you would convince a nontraditional student to join Phi Theta Kappa based on available member benefits.”
- Length: Not to exceed 5 minutes
- Speeches should appeal to a broad audience and not just to a Phi Theta Kappa-specific audience
- Must be uploaded to YouTube and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, March 1, at 5:00 pm.
International Level Competition
- Preliminary and Final Rounds will be held during PTK Catalyst 2019
- Up to 29 regional winners will compete by delivering a prepared, persuasive speech
- One winner from each Regional Qualifying Round who will attend PTK Catalyst 2019
- Space is limited to 29 members
- Members may only participate in only one on site competition
- Registration Deadline: Regional Coordinators must submit names for the competition by March 29, 2019
- First Place: $500 scholarship and prize medallion pin
- Second Place: $250 scholarship and prize medallion pin
- Third Place: $100 scholarship and prize medallion pin